Thursday, July 9, 2009

Got Content?

I'm a researcher by nature and by training. BA in History and minors in English and PoliSci. I want to know how things work, and how they came to work that way. And I can make correlations like nobody's business. I can bang out 250 words without a potty break.

I got content. Lots of it.


A few years agot, I read 150 books and as many articles to find out how to make a church work better, how to help it keep from closing its doors. Wrote 40 chapters for a 12-chapter book. They're all still on the hard drive.

I'm an experienced program manager in a technical job that requires degrees I don't have. But I read - all the time. I write reports. I know my way around a contract, and how to anticipate what can go wrong. I can write successful grant proposals, and have won a couple dozen - total around $40M. But the skills are all in my head.

I've been learning marketing. Started with a political blog, and moved on from there. I've got about 8 right now, on a variety of topics. They're fun.

Nothing is earning me extra money. The Turnaround Church book is unpublished. The proposal writing business is on hold. The client's beauty blog is still pending, as are a couple other great ideas.

Then Howie Shwartz gave his list a kick in the pants. Told us to get moving.

A blog is a web-based log of events. This will be my log of getting the content online and into the hands of paying customers.

And you get to watch me write.

No comments:

Post a Comment